8 Suggestions For Writing An Essay On English As A Global Language
When undertaking to write a paper on the topic of English being a global language, there are several things for you to consider. For example, what is the definition of global language? Historically speaking, the definition would be that it is spoken by those who are in power. Or is it defined by the language used for most of the world’s trades and financial agreements? Or is it determined by the number of countries using it as their mother tongue?
Once you have settled on the definition and understand the direction you want to take in your paper, there are 8 suggestions for you to produce a successful English essay:
- Narrow down your topic sufficiently so you can cover it effectively within the scope of your paper. For example, you may wish to narrow down your topic using one of the following trains of thought:
- Why is a global language needed and how is English chosen as one of them?
- Is having a global language a good thing? Why or why not?
- Is English considered a global language? What evidence is this statement based on? What advantages or disadvantages does it produce?
- Will English continue to be seen as one of the world’s global languages? In which area is this the most apparent: finances, politics, marketing, education etc.
- Stay focused. Your paper should be clear and concise. Don’t deviate away from your topic.
- Stay organized by using an outline and following it.
- Every statement should be followed by supporting facts and evidence.
- It should be a hallmark of good grammar, punctuation and spelling.