- Beginning a compare&contrast paper
- Strong persuasive paper topics
- Response to literature essay samples
- Finding an essay topic on Israel
Basic Elements Of A Decent Opinion Essay On Death Penalty
When you are going to write an opinion essay you will have to keep a few things in mind. You will have to be careful and establish your opinion with all the right facts and figures. You cannot hope to write an opinion paper on any subject. Death penalty is one of the most interesting subjects for you to write on. Here are a few basic pointers that will help you in the process.
Things you will have to keep in mind when writing an opinion essay:
- The first thing you will have to do is read up on the subject of death penalty. There will be lots of case histories and records that may come in handy. You may not be able to go through all of them but try to read as much as possible. You can get a basic idea after you have gone through some of the most popular cases and how they have influenced public opinion and it will also help you throw a better light on your topic.
- You will have to make a clear stand about the issue you are discussing. You can no hope to win the argument in your favor if you, yourself do not have a clear opinion.
- You will need to follow the structure. If you do not know the format of writing an opinion paper, your best bet is going through a few samples before you begin writing.
- The introductory paragraph is where you should start with your opinion. But you can always give a little background information on death penalty but do not drag it too long. Once the reader understands what you are talking about, you will have to state which side or view you support. An opinion has no value without logic and facts so you will have to give at least three reasons why you support the particular opinion.
- Once you have done with the introduction you will have to start with the body of the paper. This is where you will convince the reder that your side of the story is right. No matter what opinion you have on death penalty, you will have to prove it with facts and figures. You will have to use logic and reasoning to establish your opinion.
- The last paragraph can be used to address counter arguments and further convince the reader about your views.