List Of Interesting Essay Topics On Childhood Obesity
The United States and other Western countries have experienced a dramatic increase in the rate of obesity amongst their populations. However, in recent years it is not only Western countries that have seen obesity rates increasing, but also developing countries have seen obesity rates rise as well.
Furthermore, as well as obesity rates going up throughout the globe, the problem is also affecting people of a younger age. For example, whilst obesity rates used to affect adults to a far greater extent than they did children, these days, childhood obesity is becoming a far greater problem, and could potentially pose a catastrophic health epidemic in years to come.
With so many different areas of childhood obesity to examine and discuss, there are plenty of different options when it comes to choosing argumentative essay topics. For example, you may wish to argue why childhood obesity is the biggest health problem facing the nation or, alternatively, you may wish to look at any ways in which childhood obesity can be tackled and you could then try and persuade the reader as to why these ways would be most effective.
If you are trying to think of interesting topics for an argumentative essay that you need to write, then you may find the following list of ideas and topics particularly useful.
- Criminal prosecutions should be brought against the parents of severely obese children, unless those children have a valid medical reason for being so overweight
- Fast food chains should be banned from advertising before 9 PM in the evening, particularly when children’s television shows are on
- Schools should ensure that students exercise on a daily basis so as to reduce the dangers of childhood obesity
- The government should do more to educate people on the dangers of childhood obesity
- Extra taxes should be levied on chocolate and candy to help prevent childhood obesity
- Childhood obesity will go on to be the country’s most important health problem in future years
- Obese children should be teased about their weight to shame them into losing weight
- Schools should be required to serve and sell only food that is healthy, and not provide suites, candy, chocolate and deep-fried or unnecessarily fatty food
- Should the media do more to promote the dangers of childhood obesity
- Society’s acceptance and promotion of unhealthy, obese body images is wrong